Thursday, May 5, 2011

Green Marbles and Ham


Red roses
Blue violets
Green ham
And omlettes

This world's a mess
Not that I care
But I've been given
Not truth, but dare.

Impromptu answers
Will mend not the hole
That grows and threatens
Above the south pole

And little green men
Will not magically fix
The problem with our trees
So fix up our ethics

It's not so hard
Just try and see
Learn to recycle
It's actually quite nifty

Don't drive to work,
Use a cycle instead
We all know you need to lose
A spare tyre of lead

And switch off those lights
As you leave each room
Don't forget! Reduce
And try not to consume.

Now my vision's all blurry
The migraine approaches
Environmental issues, it seems,
Sends me for sixes.

So heed my sacrifice
Don't let down your guard
Though it may be a pain
Lest our future be marred

2 comments: